The eagerly awaited Cardo PackTalk Edge was successfully launched in Malaysia. Boasting new in addition to improved capabilities and features, the unit now succeeds the Cardo PackTalk Bold as the flagship model.
The launch event was organized at the Gomoto xPerience Lab in SS2, Petaling Jaya on 15 July 2022. Attendees included members of the media, influencers and YouTubers, as well as Cardo Malaysia’s authorized dealers. The attendees had the opportunity to view and test the PackTalk Edge units to experience the new and enhanced features.
The PackTalk Bold garnered accolades and hence a large following since it was launched, especially with unprecedented audio quality by utilizing JBL speakers and advanced Natural Voice Command. More editions followed including the PackTalk Black.
But the PackTalk Edge is not only an improvement over the Packtalk Bold, instead, it represents a new watershed point for all motorcycle communicators.
Among its features:
- A new, flatter and aerodynamic casing.
- Larger buttons for better feel with gloves on.
- 'Air Mount' with magnetic mounting for secure attachment to the base plate.
- No external pop-up antenna.
- The casing is waterproof and dust proof.
- New Bluetooth 5.2 chipset and protocol (compared to Bluetooth 4.1 for PackTalk Bold).
- Bluetooth 5.2 promises higher and faster data transfer rate, quicker pairing and repairing, more stable pairing, and longer pairing range. Additionally, phone calls and music are crisper.
- Cardo broke new grounds by debuting 'Dynamic Mesh Communication' (DMC). The Cardo PackTalk Edge now uses second generation DMC for even better group and multi-user communication.
- New, upgraded JBL speakers (the control unit and audio software were co-developed with JBL, too).
- Upgraded noise cancelling feature.
- Improved Natural Voice Recognition i.e. the user only needs to speak naturally to activate voice commands. There is no need to pre-record his voice or speech.
- 'Over the Air' updates without needing to attach a cable.
- Type-C USB port for quicker charging and faster data transfer.
- The Cardo PackTalk Edge can be quick charged in 20 minutes for 2 hours of usage. Full charging from 0% to 100% battery power can be achieved in 2 hours, yielding up to 13 hours of usage and up to 10 days of standby time.
The Cardo PackTalk Edge is priced at RM 1,649.00 for a single set. The double set (Duo) is set to arrive at a later date. As such pricing and availability for the latter will be announced later.
About Cardo Malaysia
Sinar Puncak Sdn. Bhd. is now the official distributor of Cardo Systems products in Malaysia. As mandated by Cardo Systems, each model sold in the country has been certified by SIRIM and adheres to the country’s telecommunication statutes. The products are sold at official dealers countrywide.