The world renowned exposition of all things custom art and culture, Art of Speed (AOS) returns after a two year hiatus in Malaysia. It will be held on 2nd to 3rd July 2022 at the Malaysia Agro Exposition Park (MEAPS), Serdang from 10.30am to 8.00pm on both days.
Art of Speed Malaysia (AOSM) is supported by Tourism Malaysia under the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture (MOTAC) through its Tourism Recovery Plan 2022 which was launched recently by YB Dato' Sri Hajjah Nancy Shukri with the tagline ‘Cuti-cuti Malaysia 2022’ in an effort to boost domestic tourism.
Returning for AOS 2022 are foreign guests from the international custom community and media, which includes:
- Emi Suganuma, “Sunny” Yano & Michi “NATQQ” from MOONEYES; Japan
- Scott Johnson from Mama Tried Motorcycle Show; USA
- Warren Heir Jr. from Flat Out Friday; USA
- Yaniv Evans from Powerplant Motorcycles; USA
- Chopper and Kustom artist Russell Murchie "MOW" from Australia
- Dino Dalle Carbonare from Speedhunters.com; Japan
- Yasuo Sekijima and Satoru Ise from Vibes Magazine; Japan
- Pinstripe artists Mil of Millart, Irvine Jasta and Fahmi Freeflow; Indonesia
- Aekalak Kitdusitpong diecast modeler from AKARA; Thailand
The main highlights for AOS 2022 will feature:
- Art of Speed Invitational Bike Build Off 2022, which will feature 7 builders vying for the RM10,000 cash prize (jury selection) & RM5,000.00 cash prize (public choice). The competing builders are:
- Skatecture from Sarawak with builder Mohammad Nasir bin Morni
- Chaos Kustom from Sarawak with builder Azizan Abdul Rahim
- Acid Welding from Johor with builder Abd Rasid Ismail
- Jewa Lukha from Penang with builder Farhan Uzair Sabri
- Motorburuk Garage from Penang with builder Mohd Aidzam
- RGF from Perlis with builder Fazrul Izham bin Azizan
- Zuhal Fast Custom from Johor with builder Abdul Halim Jamaludin
- The Hot Wheels Legends Tour is back launched on 18 June 2022 at Publika with an awesome showcase featuring their signature life-sized Bone Shaker Monster Truck. This year’s participants comprising of car customizers and modifiers will be excited to learn that a winner selected from the Asia Pacific region will also have their actual car transformed into a one-of-a-kind Hot Wheels die-cast. Registrations for the Hot Wheels Legends Tour will be available online on 18 June 2022 as well as on-ground at AOS 2022. Visitors wanting a special Hot Wheels experience will be able to drive up and have a professional photo taken with their car along a life-sized Hot Wheels blister pack backdrop. This unique experience will be on a first-come-first-served basis and visitors may download a photocopy from our social media after the event. There will also be a gift with purchase (GWP) of a limited edition die-cast Hot Wheels Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) US mail-in car as well as 200 autographed Hot Wheels posters.3. In collaboration with NoEqual.co is the returning NEAT Fest in Hall C, which will feature a collective display of hand selected rides from across Malaysia dubbed “Garage Life”.
- Hail Vintage is back for AOS 2022 and will be hosted in Hall C, featuring a vintage work wear exhibition and 32 specialist vendors – a double increase from 2019. Also located with Hail Vintage is the Jubilee Antique Café featuring special Kelantan kopitiam flavours.
- Hosted in Hall D will be the Off The Grid outdoor camping and lifestyle – a new concept in “outdoor lifestyle” held indoors with air-condition comfort and plenty of activities for both on and off stage for the entire family to enjoy.
- Qhalis Najmi from NoEqual.co will be this year’s host for our annual Kustom & Koffee Talk inside Hall A at 3.30pm on Saturday, together with overseas panelists Scott Johnson from Mama Tried Motorcycle Show and Warren Heir Jr. from Flat Out Friday. The forum will discuss the latest trends in bike and car industries.
Additional AOS 2022 activities include:
- Roda Rumble 2022 – Two Wheels Gathering & Outdoor Festival supported by Retro Mania
- La Cultura – Malaysia’s first Chicano Culture Appreciation Gathering
- Food Park food vendors and trucks now with sheltered access at the Food and Beverage basement/underground level DG
- Vintage Flea Market
- Alfa Romeo Club Malaysia Gathering
- Hot Wheels Club Malaysia (HWCM) Convention (Hall D)
- Streetware Con streetwear fashion vendors galore (Hall D)
- Mini Crawlers RC demo and display
- Product launching on stage
- Test Ride Zone for bike (Ducati, Royal Enfield, Vespa, Aprilia and Harley-Davidson).
Also returning for AOS 2022 is the highly popular Sound Circus Festival. This year’s Sound Circus Festival* line-up will feature Hujan as the main headline together with bands such as Sekumpulan Orang Gila, SweetAss, Iqbal M., Balok People and many more.
*Sound Circus Festival is strictly for ages 18 years old and above ONLY!
To end the show on Sunday there will be a lucky draw giveaway for, not one, but TWO lucky winners. One lucky winner will go home with ONE (1) unit EV Classic Vespa fully restored by Kluk Klek Soul and EV conversion by Elders Elettrico, and another lucky Hausboom consumer at the show will win another Hausboom customized EV Classic Vespa.
AOS 2022 will reintroduce the Speed Lane ticket, which opens one hour earlier at 9:30am; priced at RM55.00 valid for both days. Visitors can enjoy one extra hour inside the main hall, Hall C and D. The weekend pass is available at the door and online for RM35.00 with children below 12 years old entering for FREE. OKU (disabled) Pass Holders will also enjoy free entry. Sound Circus Festival outdoor only tickets are sold out, but Sound Circus Festival + Weekend Pass combo is still available online only. Online tickets are available at aos2022.qtic.my
“Since its inception, Art of Speed Malaysia has successfully established itself as a gathering not only for motorcycle and car enthusiasts, but also art-practitioners, musicians, collectors and the likes, while culminating in a large-scale annual event,” said Mr. Asep Ahmad Iskandar, Festival Director, Art of Speed Malaysia (AOSM). “For this year’s event, AOSM will be celebrating its 10-year anniversary and with it, will be igniting the spirit and enthusiasm of loyal visitors with the highly-anticipated Sound Circus Festival event.”
For this year’s event, NASTY, the producer of Global ENDS, will be the Title Presenter. “We’re huge fans of AOSM, and to receive this opportunity and the chance of a lifetime to be closely involved with its 10-year anniversary and this event is something we couldn’t possibly pass up,” said Mr. Shariffudin Bujang, Founder & Group Chief Executive Officer of NASTY.
For more information about this event, please visit www.artofspeedmy.com or www.facebook.com/ArtOfSpeedMY/